Friday, December 18, 2009

Hard Thing #145 A Mom has to do ..

Jen:

I have never really thought of myself as a protective Mama. I love seeing my babies grow up and experience new things ... a solo plane ride to the other coast was not one of those things. Pickle was shaking like a leaf and to say that she resembled a spider monkey is the understatement of 2009. I'm still trying to swallow the lump in my throat and the watered down Caramel Frappucino from Gate A, didn't help much. Alas, I got a hug and a kiss from both of them as they walked through the door, onto the jetway, and out of sight. As I turned to leave there were sympathetic glances from many of the women waiting to board their respective planes which added to the sinking feeling of being unable to protect my lil' ducklings. What kind of Mom puts her children in a cylindrical vessel that will reach cruising speeds of 500 mph? ME, that's who.

This list of places that Allyson is hoping to visit on our drive out is beginning to grow. I am making the conscious choice to not post possible destinations and we will take a, "fly by the seat of your pants," approach to our itinerary. It will be a surprise to you AND me.

No comments:

Post a Comment