Jen:
Sun Tzu wrote The Art of War in the 6th Century BC ... considered to be one of the best books written regarding military strategy, EVER. Do you suppose if I, Jennifer M. Gordon, wrote The Art of Packing, I, too, could be as wildly successful? Probably not, but it is an art none the less.
For some, packing is just another mundane task that requires little or no thought. Those individuals do not live with Allyson Sellers. There is no room for error when mentally placing each and every item in the car, all while anticipating the exact space needed as well as it's accessibility. You see, it is not enough for me to fit all 10lbs of sh*t into the five pound bag. Ooooh no. I must know which piece of poop she may possibly want and place it on the top of the pile where it can be reached from the comfort of the front seat. One would think this would be easy. We are traveling across the country and the likelihood of her needing her bathing suit before we reach California is slim to none. However, this may or may not be true. One never really knows when it might be bikini weather in the little world I like to call, Allysonland.
I really can't leave out the Candice factor. For those of you that have not caught up, that is my Mother. She has made two visits out to Georgia in the last five months. On each of those visits she has either acquired things while here or left belongings that she could not fit into her suitcase upon her return to the left coast. These items have been left at my house under the pretense that I would 'just bring em' on out' when I came for Christmas. 1/2 the space in the Thule bag on the roof of the car is full with said items, in addition to 2 less of my 75.1 cubic ft left inside the vehicle that is now occupied by sea sponges ... right next to Allyson's bag of poop. Crap, gotta go put her bathing suit in there.
See ya in the Central Time Zone.

Allyson and I would get along well. :)
ReplyDelete