Wednesday, December 23, 2009

10˚... That is what the temperature is outside. Jen and I are in Flagstaff, Arizona; we just set up camp for the night. This Hampton comes equipped with 2 pair of ear plugs. Hmm. Might be a sign.

We awoke to a balmy 5˚ this Christmas Eve morning. Brrrrr. My friend, Kim Solomon, would freeze up, like in that movie, The Day After Tomorrow.

I have had quite a few 'WOW' moments on this trek across this gorgeous country of ours. A visit with my Dad, whom I had not seen in a handful of years.. my Grandfather, a great Grandma, great Grandpa (A.D) who hadn't laid eyes on me in 10+ years. It's the water in Hot Springs, Arkansas, I SWEAR! They haven't aged since the 80s.
Jen got on board this memory lane, train ride unbeknownst to her. She is handling it like the trooper that she is. Jen is magical. Don't know if y'all know that.

ANYWHO... We met up with my ex boyfriend... YES, I said EX BOYFRIEND. I forgot to take pictures and I am upset about that. His name is Scott Jones and he is the last boyfriend I had; that was 19 years ago, we decided. He and I met at the grocery store where we worked in Ft. Smith, AR while I was in college. He is the most amazing man I have ever known (besides my Pa). He was a hopeless romantic 19 years ago, and, I won't say how I know, but HE STILL IS TODAY. Thank goodness for unanswered prayers~ we are both where and with whom we need to be AND we had the pleasure of sharing what he and I did. Life= pure bliss.

Jen and I had planned on doing this marathon driving across the 40. Well, women change their minds. And WHO KNEW THERE WOULD BE SUCH GOOD SHOPPING?? The snow and ice have done their part in slowing us down. But for the most part, we really love each other's company and taking it all in is something worth sharing.

I am off to be the d.j.. Our trip has had quite the soundtrack. Peace, love and have a superb Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure!
    Wish I was there...and by "wish I was there" I mean sipping a cocktail in the back of a luxurious motorhome.
    That someone else is driving.
    With a jacuzzi on top.
    When I was little I used to think those ladders on the back of those led up to a swimming pool.

    Fine. I thought that until just last year.

    Have fun.
    Come back soon.
    Ally-Owen asked about you today...when you were coming back from "far, far away" :)

    ReplyDelete