WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! What a trip. Literally and metaphorically. I thought this trip would be unforgettable and I was right!
The total miles logged from December 20 thru yesterday, January 5th totalled out at 5972.8. I realize that truckers do it like it's nothing but I'm not a trucker and they don't travel with their whole family ... or maybe they do, in which case I pity them. I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy myself, I did. TREMENDOUSLY! It was just plain exhausting.
The kids were great. Joe behaved like a trypical teenager, waking only to eat and use the little boy's room. Alexis was a great sport, reading and keeping herself entertained. There were a few moments when one or both were uncomfortable and a squable started. I found myself looking over my shoulder and saying something so typical like, "When I was a kid there were three of us in the back seat and laying down wasn't an option, stop your whining." Nothing quite like becoming your mother. I'm not certain that there was reasoning behind leaving the dvd players at home but I'm also not sure that it occured to me to pack them so this was a movie free trip with the kids. I feel another Mom moment coming on ... Remember when you were stuck listening to whatever your parents had on the radio and playing travel connect-four with a mint to replace one of the missing piece? DVD's are for sissy!
Our return trip was not quite as food centric and frankly the camera made few appearances. 14-16 hour travel days were not really condusive to snapping pictures and discovering new places to feed our faces. Don't cry for them, Argentina, the kids did not get robbed by any means with a stop at In' n Out, home-cooking at Grandma's, and some of the best bar-b-que I have ever tasted. I bet hot-lunch at school today (I was in no mood to pack lunches) was a big adjustment from the last two weeks.
I guess this concludes our posts from our first official GAYWALD Vacation .. We hope you have enjoyed a peak into our insanity and we look forward to our next adventure and sharing it with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment